Good morning and welcome to this month’s Stampin’ Creative Blog Hop where our theme is Birthday Bonanza! You may have arrived from Pip at Queen Pip cards or this may well be your first stop, either way you very welcome to Stamp in Colour with me, Eimear Carvill. I am based just outside Swindon in Wiltshire and am delighted to showcase the Birthday Bright Project Kit for you this morning.
This is one of Stampin’ Up’s best kits, in my opinion. In your custom made Watermelon Wonder box, built to store your completed cards and tags, you will find the elements you need to create 12 cards (4 each of 3 designs) and 12 tags (4 each of 3 designs). Here they all are
As with many of our kits, you do end up with some extra bits and pieces but these, of course, can be salvaged and used in other projects. So I thought I would create a couple of alternative project ideas this morning with the extra bits you will end up with after making card the cake card in the top left hand corner.
- I’ve used the Birthday Bright stamp set that you will need to create the cards and tags in the Project Kit together
- My colours are Watercolour Wonder and Emerald Envy inspired by the kit itself and I’ve added some of the Party Animal DSP in Emerald Envy.
- I’ve created a little background interest with my all time favourite framelits – the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
My next card uses a similar layout but I’ve changed the colour to match the stripes on the cake.
- This time I’ve used the Large Number framelits – which I’ve been using a lot recently due to some very important family birthdays!
- Hooray is punched out using he Duet Banner Punch which coordinates perfectly with some of the words in the Birthday Bright stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed my projects this morning and show you that there are many alternative project possibilities other than the 12 cards and tags designed in the kit.
I highly recommend the Birthday Bright Project Kit. Together with the stamp set it costs £44.25 so by adding something small (or large if you like!) to your basket, your purchase will qualify for a free item from our Sale-a-bration brochure.
We have three brand new items available in the mix. My favourite is, of course, the brand new glimmer paper. Be sure to add it as your free item if you love it as much as I do.
The list of products I have used is below, if you would like to purchase anything, just click on the item and don’t forget to enter the current host code, my Rainbow Rewards code UZ22QSTP, to receive a free gift in the post from me.
Blog Hop List
- Emma at Coastal Crafter
- Sarah at Stamp with Sarah
- Louise at Stampin’ Delight
- Gina at Emerald Kreations
- Caroline at Craft with Caro
- Mikaela at The Crafty oInk Pen
- Pip at Queen Pip Cards
- Eimear at StampinColour