I decided to throw myself into this week’s Global Design Challenge by using the Pieces and Patterns stamp set and co-ordinating Designer Series Paper to make a fun Teacher Thank you card. This week’s challenge was a sketch challenge. I first tried to think what else could I use in place of the stripes in the sketch. My initial thought was the pens from Crafting Forever as I was thinking ahead to Teacher Thank you’s…. but the images didn’t seem young enough for my children – then I realised there was a pencil in the Pieces and Patterns stamp set. That was it, the card was born!
Here was the sketch itself by guest designer Marieke Bart
I decided to use my Pencil as the stripe and I used it first one way and then the other. The stamp-a-ma-jig was essential in stamping the pencil in even stripes and just wide enough to allow my Thank you sentiment.
I wanted to use the Thank you from the Why Thank You stamp, but it wasn’t it the right format. The stamp-a-ma-jig saved the day again. It is really simple to simple highlight the word or section of the stamp that you require with markers. You can then stamp wherever you wish by using the stamp-a-ma-jig.
Pieces and Patterns Teacher Thank you Card Video Tutorial
To make it easier to understand how to use the stamp-a-ma-jig for this card, I have made a quick 10 minute video for you.
Bonus Days Promotion
As always, I have included a shopping list of all the products used in today’s Teacher Thank you card at the end of today’s post. Click on the image to bring you directly to that item in my shop. Don’t forget for every €60/£45 you spend this month, you will earn a 6.00 €/£4.50 Bonus Days coupon that you can use 1–31 August.
Things to remember:
- Save your codes! Save all emails with Bonus Days coupon codes and write them down. I do not get a copy of your codes and they cannot be resent or recovered if lost.
- You must have an email address to participate as the Bonus Days coupon codes are only delivered via email.
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of coupons you receive during the Bonus Days promotion.
Redeeming your coupons (August 1-31):
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of Bonus Days coupons you can redeem on an order.
- Bonus Days Coupons may be redeemed for any Stampin’ Up! product, excluding Starter Kits or Stampin’ Rewards.
Christmas in July Promotion
However, if you wish list is on the long side do consider placing a starter kit order and putting all your wish list items in your starter kit. Between July 1st snd 31st, purchase a starter kit for £99 and receive £130 worth of Stampin’ Up goodies of your choice, PLUS the Essentials Kit worth £65 which features
- Two D Blocks (#118485)
- Grid Paper (130148)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- Bone Folder (102300)
- Snail Adhesive (104332)
- AND…the Carols for Christmas stamp set (144804)
This is such a fabulous offer, find out more about the starter kit here and if you have any questions, do get in touch