Welcome to this month’s Stampin’ Creative Blog hop where we celebrating the movement started by our very own Sara Douglass (CEO of SU); Make a Card, Send a Card. You may have arrived from my good friend Caro at Craft with Caro or you may have started your hop here this morning, either way you are very welcome to Stamp in Colour with me, Eimear Carvill.
It may seem a little obvious to some to send a card once you make it, but you might be surprised that many of us amass a vast quantity of unsent cards – sometimes because we are too fond of our creations to bear to part with them and sometimes we simply like creating and make way too many!!
The card I’ve made today is from a great new set called Text Ya Later. It initially appealed to me as my children are growing up a little and I thought they would enjoy using it to make birthday cards for their friends. I hadn’t really fully appreciated the versatility of the set until it arrived and I started to play with it. I wanted to make a card for a certain someone I hadn’t seen in a while and this set has the perfect ‘conversation pieces’ in it. Without further ado, here is my card for today…
It’s such a fun set and contains 59 individual stamps (!!) from greeting to speech bubbles to emojis! You are going to LOVE it!
A few pointers on my card:
- I kept it simple with my background DSP which is from the fabulous Pick a Pattern
- Rather than stamping off my Crushed Curry so you could see the text more easily – (Crushed Curry is one of the featured colours in this DSP) – I took a lazy way out and just used the lighter So Saffron!
- For a little bit of visual interest and to ease all the horizontal lines, I used some Basic Black Solid Twine on a diagonal loop behind my ‘phone’
Hope you like today’s card and I do hope my recipient enjoys it too.
I have the full list of products used in todays card listed below. If you would like to purchase anything, click on the product image which will bring you straight to that item in my online shop.
Don’t forget to use the Rainbow Rewards Shopping Code ZD4CA7PU at checkout if your order is under £150 to receive a gift in the post from me. Do not use the code if your order is over £150 as you will be eligible for your own rewards direct from Stampin’ Up! and you will still receive a gift from me!
Please do hop around the rest of the team as we have a great collection of projects for you as always; next up is the very lovely Mikaela from the Crafty Oink Pen. The full list is below should you get lost along the way. Until next time, happy crafting
Blog Hop List
- Emma at Coastal Crafter
- Louise at Stampin’ Delight
- Pip at Queen Pip Cards
- Sarah at Stamp with Sarah
- Caroline at Craft with Caro
- Eimear at StampinColour
- Mikaela at The Crafty oInk Pen
- Gina at Emerald Kreations