I am delighted to be taking part in the third Let’s Get Hopping Blog Hop where our theme is Back to Basics. We are a group of demonstrators from around the world brought together by our love of papercrafting, blogging and of course Stampin’ Up! Our aim this month is to show you that simple stamping can still be stunning without fancy effects.
Some of us found this month’s “Back to Basics’ theme more difficult than others . Well, when I say some of us, I mainly mean me!! We opted to stick to the basics of stamps, paper and ink and avoid die-cutting and embossing. I rarely make a card without either one of those – hence my difficulty!
After some careful consideration (and initial hair-pulling!!) I made two cards using the gorgeous Watercolor Words. This was one of my favourite Annual Catalogue sets until Colourful Seasons took over. I rediscovered it this earlier this month while making a birthday card for my son’s friend.
Watercolour Words Back to Basics Congratulations Card
- I’ve used the Star from Watercolor Words and stamped 4 times in Real Red without re-inking. By not re-inking in between stamping, it means four different shades of red can be achieved – clever, eh?
- I cheated a little by using the Duet Banner punch – hope that’s OK?!
- Add a little sequin trim, rhinestones and some silver foil to just enough finish off the card with a little sparkle.
Watercolor Words Back to Basics Just for You Card
- The second, more feminine card uses Tranquil Tide and Lemon Lime Twist.
- I used the larger flower stamp to create a tone-on-tone background reserving the ‘Just for You’ sentiment for the central panel.
- I stamped and fussy cut the smaller flower and raised it to add a little dimension to the card.
- Lemon Lime Twist ribbon and couple of rhinestones adds an extra finishing touch.
I do hope you enjoyed today’s cards. It just goes to show that you don’t really need to pull any hair out! Stamps, inks and paper are all you really need to create beautiful cards.
Do hop onto the very lovely Jennifer Frost; recently reinstated where she belongs in the Stampin’ Up Artisan team. She will have something extra special to show you, as will the rest of the team, please do hop around us all.